What to do in an electrical outage
In case of outage or other electrical issue, please contact your utility.
CenStar Energy is your supplier – we buy energy to sell to you. Your utility still delivers the electricity and natural gas to your home or business..
Safety tips in an electricity outage.
If there’s a bad storm coming, charge cell phones and any battery powered devices as much as possible.
Stay away from downed power lines. Never remove debris that’s within 10 feet of a power line.
Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to help prevent food from spoiling.
Never operate lanterns, heaters, or fuel-fired stoves without proper ventilation. Do not burn charcoal indoors.
More information is available on ready.gov.
Utility contact numbers:
- AEP Ohio: 1-800-672-2231
- Con Edison: 1-800-752-6633
- Dominion East Ohio 1-877-542-2630
- Duke Energy: 1-800-634-4300
- National Grid: 1-800-867-5222
- NYSEG: 1-800-527-2714
- Ohio Edison: 1-888-544-4877
- Orange and Rockland: 1-877-434-4100
- PSE&G: 1-200-436-7734
- Rochester Gas & Electric: 1-800-743-1701
- Toledo Edison: 1-888-544-4877