WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Table of Contents
I. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
II. NON-EXCLUSIVE, NON-TRANSFERABLE LICENSE TO USE OUR SERVICES.
IV. PROHIBITED USES.
V. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION.
VI. ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS & TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION.
VII. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT.
VIII. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER.
IX. MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AGREEMENT – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
XIII. NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES.
XIV. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
XV. HOW TO CONTACT US.
Spark Holdco, LLC and its affiliates Spark Energy, LLC, Spark Energy Gas, LLC, CenStar Energy Corp., CenStar Operating Company, LLC, Oasis Power Holdings, LLC, Oasis Power, LLC, Electricity Maine, LLC, Electricity N.H., LLC, Provider Power Mass, LLC, Major Energy Services, LLC, Major Energy Electric Services, LLC, Respond Power, LLC, Perigee Energy, LLC, Hiko Energy, LLC, Verde Energy USA, Inc., Verde Energy USA Connecticut, LLC, Verde Energy USA DC, LLC, Verde Energy USA Illinois, LLC, Verde Energy USA Maryland, LLC, Verde Energy USA Massachusetts, LLC, Verde Energy USA New Jersey, LLC, Verde Energy USA New York, LLC, Verde Energy USA Ohio, LLC, Verde Energy USA Pennsylvania, LLC, Verde Energy Solutions, LLC, Verde Energy USA Commodities, LLC, Verde Energy USA Trading, LLC, Verde Energy USA Texas Holdings, LLC, Verde Energy USA Texas, LLC (collectively referred to as “us,” “we,” “our,” or “Company”), has created the following Terms & Conditions of Use (“Terms & Conditions”) to apply to all users and customers of this website, mobile applications, and all digital assets contained or offered therein (collectively, our “Services”).
These Terms & Conditions are written in the English language. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any translated versions of these Terms. To the extent any translated versions of these Terms & Conditions conflict with the English language version, the English language version of these Terms & Conditions shall control.
The headings used herein are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms & Conditions.
We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to review and in some instances print content, from our Services (e.g., our website) for your personal and educational purposes as long as they do not violate any aspect of these Terms & Conditions or applicable law, including our intellectual property and other proprietary rights in and to the Services or the intellectual property rights of another party.
We reserve the right to terminate or limit your access to our Services and/or the licenses granted herein for any reason (or no reason) and in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to, at any time, temporarily or permanently, modify or discontinue any features associated with the Services with or without notice and for any reason, including performing maintenance, repairs or upgrades. We will endeavor to provide notice before any scheduled upgrades. We (and our licensors) remain the sole owner of all rights, title, and interest in the Services. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
All registered and unregistered trademarks visible or accessible through our Services are trademarks of the Company, or licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the Company, or its owners. All page headers, customer graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of ours or our affiliates and may not be copied, imitated or used in whole or in part without prior written permission of us.
Our Services, including our website and any mobile applications are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18).
We do not target our Services to minors, who are under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable). You agree that you are not under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect or process any information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a person under the age of thirteen (13).
Our Services, including our website and application, may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to Company offerings, rates, promotions, packages, programs, events, and materials. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. We disclaim all liability and responsibility placed on such information by you, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders or programs if any information about the Services or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order, request, submission, payment, form, etc.).
We do not take on any obligation to update, amend, or clarify information in the Services or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing, dates, availability, location, products, and services, except as required by law.
No specified update or refresh data applied in the Services or on any related website should be taken to indicate that all information in the Services or on any related website has been modified or updated.
B. Links to the Services
You may not create a link to any page of our Services without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of our Services, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of our Services by linking to it.
C. Links on the Services
Our Services might include links to other websites, mobile applications, or social media platforms. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any other website and do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any other party’s materials or websites or for any other materials, products, or services of other websites. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any other party’s websites or other platforms. Please review carefully other party’s website’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Claims, complaints, questions, or concerns regarding other parties should be directed to that party.
Our Services may contain direct links to other third-party websites or other third-party websites that are not affiliated with our Services may provide information about our Services, products, or offerings or directly link to our Services (collectively referred to as “Third Party Websites”). These Third-Party Websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content posted on any Linked Site. To the extent we provide a link to a Third-Party Websites or allow non-affiliated Third-Party Websites to link to our Services or post information about our Services, products or offerings, we do so only as a convenience and such relationship not imply endorsement by us of the Third-Party Website or any association with its operators. We will make commercially reasonably efforts to ensure that information provided on Third-Party Websites for which we are aware is accurate and timely, but cannot guarantee the timelines or accuracy of any content about our Services, products or offerings that is made available on Third-Party Websites. YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY INFORMATION, RESOURCES, RATE, AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY LINKED WEBSITE AND/OR THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND/OR THIRD PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED THERETO, OR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OR BUSINESS PRACTICES OF ANY LINKED SITE OR THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE.
OUR SERVICES, AND THE INFORMATION ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WE MAY REMOVE THE SERVICES FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME OR CANCEL THEM AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES RELATING TO OUR SERVICES, OR RELATED CONTENT, FOR WHICH IS OR MAY BE PROVIDED BY ANY AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING IN RELATION TO ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN OUR SERVICES AND/OR OUR LITERATURE.
IN NO CASE SHALL WE, OUR EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS AND PROGRAMS AND THE DATA THEREON, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE. IN ANY EVENT, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS UNDER THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS SHALL NOT EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
IX MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AGREEMENT – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. Either party asserting a Dispute shall first try in good faith to resolve it by providing written notice as specified below to the other party describing the facts and circumstances (including any relevant documentation) and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond. Notice shall be made by first class or registered mail (1) to Privacy Team at 12140 Wickchester Lane, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77079 or (2) to you at the postal address on file with us. Both you and Company agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent which must be satisfied before initiating any arbitration against the other party.
- How Arbitration Works. Either party may initiate arbitration, which shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), under the AAA Commercial or Consumer rules, as applicable, in effect at the time the Claim is filed (“AAA Rules”). For information on how to file a claim, copies of the AAA Rules and forms can be located at www.adr.org, or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Arbitration shall take place in the country of your residence, as determined by your mailing address on file with us. We agree to pay or reimburse all costs associated with any arbitration between the parties, including filing fees and arbitrator fees, and agree to waive any right to recover an award of attorneys’ fees and costs against you. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final, binding, and non-appealable. Judgment upon the award may be entered and enforced in any court having jurisdiction.
- IMPORTANT: Waiver of Right to Bring Class Action & Representative Claims. All Disputes, whether resolved informally, in small claims court, or through arbitration, shall be brought on an individual basis. Disputes must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, representative, multiple plaintiff, or similar proceeding (“Class Action”). The parties expressly waive any ability to maintain any Class Action in any forum, and the arbitrator shall not have authority to combine or aggregate similar claims or conduct any Class Action nor make an award to any entity or person not a party to the arbitration. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void, or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. THE PARTIES UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A RIGHT TO LITIGATE THROUGH A COURT, TO HAVE A JUDGE OR JURY DECIDE THEIR CASE AND TO BE PARTY TO A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, HOWEVER, THEY UNDERSTAND AND CHOOSE TO HAVE ANY CLAIMS DECIDED INDIVIDUALLY, THROUGH ARBITRATION.
- Governing Law. This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and interpreting federal law. To the extent state law applies to any aspect of this provision or the Claim, the law of your residence, as determined by your mailing address on file with us, shall apply. Neither party shall sue the other party other than as provided herein or for enforcement of this clause or of the arbitrator’s award; any such suit may be brought only in the federal court encompassing the county where the arbitration took place, or if any such court lacks jurisdiction, in any state court that has jurisdiction. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, unconscionability, arbitrability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including any claim that all or any part of the Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the clause above entitled “Waiver of Right to Bring Class Action & Representative Claims.”
- Claims and Disputes Must be Filed Within One Year. To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to your use of the Services, including, without limitation, any website or mobile application or other Services-related product, services, or other content must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. This section applies to you and your heirs, successors and assigns.
To the extent that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is deemed to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, including the binding arbitration clause and class action waiver, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms & Conditions. Such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
These Terms & Conditions are effective until terminated. We may terminate this agreement at any time without notice to you and may deny you access to our Services.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, and except to the extent arising from our gross negligence or intentional misconduct, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us, and our employees, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms & Conditions or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or rights of a third party. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses. You shall not settle any actions or claims on our behalf without our prior written consent.
If you are a California resident or resident of a state with a similar applicable law, you hereby expressly waive California Civil Code section 1542 in connection with the foregoing (or such other similar applicable law in your state), which states: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
There are no third-party beneficiaries to the Terms & Conditions. We shall have the right to assign our rights or delegate any of its responsibilities under these Terms & Conditions to an affiliate or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or reorganization for the sale of substantially all of our assets.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or amend these Terms & Conditions at any time to reflect changes in our practices and service offerings. If we modify our Terms & Conditions, such changes will be effective upon posting. It is your obligation to check our current Terms & Conditions for any changes. These Terms & Conditions may only be modified in writing. Any ambiguities in the interpretation will not be construed against the drafter.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please send us an email at email@example.com,
call us toll-free at: 1 (866)-201-4035, or
write us at 12140 Wickchester Lane, Ste. 100, Houston, TX 77079.